Shut off pump, reconnect hose. Here, the manual warns against using anything but deionized water for the mix, not even distilled water! Did this a few times performing a do it yourself automatic transmission flush only did not need a separate pump. Shut off pump, reconnect hose. Regarding the idea of not fully draining the battery coolant, here's my idea: 1. Currently we do not use targeting or targeting cookies. Disconnect the return line from the battery coolant reservoir, direct it to an empy bucket.
Draining and filling the battery as a service should be about 2 labor hours and should only be done by a Volt tech and not a lube guy so if you have this done make sure that only a volt tech will perform this service. Looks like a quick drain and refill is not poss. That's super-useful information, thanks, because that gives me confidence that an 'occasional' reservoir replacement maybe every 3rd month, if it is only 6 quarts worth will cycle through the coolant and replace it over a period of a couple of years. Disconnect the return line from the battery coolant reservoir, direct it to an empy bucket. Could anyone with a workshop manual info divulge if this is a possible thing to do, or just too specialist to consider? I guess it is solid and is just for mechanical strength, then. You don't want coolant conductive, because if your car has a ground fault it can conduct into the coolant.
Some of the parts departments thought I was mad. Apply 12v or less to the pump. Could anyone pin up here what the plug torque settings are on that job too?? I often do it after the vehicle's been serviced too never really know if they do it properly!! Do you have the volume of the electronics circuits? Does the car not come with a service history? I've been looking at this again, reading through the workshop manual. Could anyone pin up here what the plug torque settings are on that job too?? Not sure if any one here has had the coolant replaced for the batteries, what would the cost be? Keep adding new Dexcool to reservoir until it has gone through about 2 gallons. I have used tap water for many years my Buick Regal is twenty years old , and I had no problems with its cooling system, Hmmmm, Thats weird, I wonder why. I haven't looked yet, but if possible, draining and refilling the radiator with new coolant would be a separate part of the procedure.
No idea what you're talking about. The reason people get electrocuted in water is it creates a ground path from internals of electronics to the grounded copper pipes or earth ground, and even though water resistance is high, it only takes about 150 mA to stop a heart if conducted through them to ground, which is reachable with ionized water. Technician will need to use special tool ge-47716 vac-n-fill coolant refill tool. Your dealer will have Dexcool. Disconnect the return line from the battery coolant reservoir, direct it to an empy bucket. The system only uses about 6 quarts of coolant. And distilled water is no better than tap water in this regard.
Some of the parts departments thought I was mad. Makes me worried what I am getting here. This is not like changing engine oil. I know I'm resurrecting an old thread, but my 2012 is due for the coolant change in a few months. Keep adding new Dexcool to reservoir until it has gone through about 2 gallons.
Liability for consequences resulting from the use of additional coolant additives will be rejected. I use Prestone coolant not the pre-mixed because I increase the coolant ratio to 60% and add plain tap water for the other 40%. Nothing in the Vauxhall Ampera handbook, but now you've flagged that I've downloaded a copy of the Volt handbook and got that now. De-ionised water may still have non-ionic contaminants if it has not been fully filtered. The Regal's thermostat has been changed to open at a lesser coolant temperature to circulate sooner. If you know the answer to that question then let me know.
I can do that once a month on a rolling basis, and trust that it either gets slowly rotated or at least the laws of diffusion do their stuff and I cream off a little 'old' stuff each go. What's been added to this car in the past? Distilled is the highest cleanliness. It's been updated numerous times. The Equinox's engine coolant has been changed only once in six years by the dealer. The system is factory filled with coolant designed for excellent corrosion protection and frost protection down to approx. Yeah, and tap water at that.